Soul of the South Uptown Tour | Charlotte, NC
What is Southern Cuisine? Have you ever experienced Southern Hospitality? Can you get more locally Southern than the farm up the road? On this tour, we sample and sip our way through some of Uptown Charlotte’s best representations of the local South. Chefs and restaurant owners will explain the influence of Southern Heritage in their cuisine & beverage menus. Many of their recipes are Southern family traditions, others are created by what a local farm can provide that week, and some are a modern twist on Southern cuisine. We will get a taste of craft beers made right here in the South and stroll along city streets by some great examples of Charlotte’s historical past.
Price: $49 per person
• Sample culinary treasures from a variety of locally owned restaurants, farms, and artisans.
• Meet the owners and chefs and hear their passionate stories about their business, personal journey, and specialties.
• Behind-the-scenes glimpse into a late 1800′s Southern Home.
• Taste an example of craft beer produced either in Charlotte or North Carolina.
• A glimpse into Charlotte’s city market full of culinary shopping gems.
• Wine tastings paired nicely with delicious Southern family recipes.
• See great examples of Old South architecture and learn some Charlotte history along the way.
• When: Friday
• Time: 4pm – 7pm – approximately 3 hours
• Where: Meeting location will be provided with ticket purchase
• Transportation: Your feet!
• Distance covered: about 2 miles
• Discounted Parking
• The amount of tastings on the tour is equivalent to a light meal.
(However, most guests leave saying “they are stuffed!”)
• What to bring: water, sunscreen, cash for any desired purchases, a camera to capture any food memories.
• Dress appropriately for the weather.
• Please bring a government-issued ID if you plan on participating in alcoholic tastings.
• Answers to additional Frequently Asked Questions.
• Advance ticket purchase required.
• If you enjoyed your time on the tour, tips are appreciated by your tour guide.
• If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know when registering.
• Must be 21 years of age to sample any alcoholic beverages.
• Tours run rain or shine. If we have to cancel the tour due to extreme weather, we will refund your money in full.
• Specific tour stops and inclusions are subject to change without notice.
• Tours begin with a 15 minute introduction, so if you are running late, you will still be able to find us.
• Please read our Waiver & Release before registering.
• Cancellation Policy: If written cancellation occurs within 72 hours (3 business days) of the tour start time, a cancellation fee of $30 will be subtracted from the refund of each ticket price. Monies will be refunded in full if cancellation notice occurs more than 72 hours of a tour.
• We reserve the right to cancel tours due to insufficient enrollment and tour guide emergency or illness. We strive to find a suitable substitute in these cases to avoid any inconvenience to tour registrants.