Uptown Chic Behind-the-Scenes Tour | Charlotte, NC
Uptown Charlotte is bulging with national corporate & celebrity restaurants. Yeah yeah…you can eat at any of them in most cities across the country. However, have you ever really gotten to know what they are all about? Did you ever know their specialty may not be what you think? Do you get to go into the kitchen and have the chef give you a cooking demonstration? On the Uptown Chic Behind-the-Scenes Walking Food Tour, we will go in-depth with Executive Chefs and General Managers to learn the restaurant’s history, see cooking demonstrations, tour some kitchens, get wine pairing advice, and sample their undiscovered specialties.
Price: $47 per person
• Tastings and/or sips of their signature menu items at six upscale dining establishments.
• Cooking demonstrations with Chefs at multiple locations.
• Behind-the-scenes access to these chic restaurant kitchens.
• Surprising insight and history of each brand and their operation.
• In-Depth wine pairing education with a Sommelier to get the best out of wine lists.
• Discover undiscovered Charlotte landmarks and their history along the way.
• When: Saturdays
• Time: 3pm – 6pm – 3 hours
• Where: Meeting location will be provided with ticket purchase
• Transportation: Your feet! This is a walking tour.
• Distance covered: about 2 miles
• Complimentary Parking
• The amount of tastings on the tour is equivalent to a light meal.
(However, most guests leave saying “they are stuffed!”)
• What to bring: water, sunscreen, cash for any desired purchases, a camera to capture any food memories.
• Dress appropriately for the weather.
• Please bring a government-issued ID if you plan on participating in alcoholic tastings.
• Answers to additional Frequently Asked Questions.
• Advance ticket purchase required.
• If you enjoyed your time on the tour, tips are appreciated by your tour guide.
• If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know when registering.
• Must be 21 years of age to sample any alcoholic beverages.
• Tours run rain or shine. If we have to cancel the tour due to extreme weather, we will refund your money in full.
• Specific tour stops and inclusions are subject to change without notice.
• Tours begin with a 15 minute introduction, so if you are running late, you will still be able to find us.
• Please read our Waiver & Release before registering.
• Cancellation Policy: If written cancellation occurs within 72 hours (3 business days) of the tour start time, a cancellation fee of $30 will be subtracted from the refund of each ticket price. Monies will be refunded in full if cancellation notice occurs more than 72 hours of a tour.
• We reserve the right to cancel tours due to insufficient enrollment and tour guide emergency or illness. We strive to find a suitable substitute in these cases to avoid any inconvenience to tour registrants.