Uptown Chic Behind-the-Scenes Tour | Charlotte, NC
Uptown Charlotte has a new regime of highly trained and talented Chefs as well as master culinary artisans getting national exposure. They have worked in 5-star establishments and have been featured at award-winning dinners, acclaimed Food & Wine Festivals, Food Network, and representing Charlotte cuisine & North Carolina ingredients all over the country. These same Chefs are creating masterful cuisine not only through amazing techniques, but also by utilizing the bounty of high quality flavorful ingredients via a resurgence of the area farmers and local culinary artisans.
On the Uptown Chic Behind-the-Scenes Walking Food Tour (with some luxury transportation included), we will go in-depth with Executive Chefs and their teams to learn their background, the restaurant’s history, see cooking demonstrations, tour some kitchens, get wine pairing, craft beer, and mixology education, and sample the chef’s creative specialties.
Price: $80 per person
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the very chef-driven theme of this tour and the seasonal nature of their available ingredients, this tour’s food & beverage samples will all be Chef’s Choice. FEAST Food Tours has worked closely with each Chef & establishment to craft the overall experience, but the food & beverage will be determined by each culinary team. Most dietary restrictions are still able to be accommodated. The majority of stops will feature an alcoholic beverage.
• Tastings of Chef’s Choice seasonal food items at five upscale fine dining establishments utilizing local ingredients and artisanal products.
• Intimate experience with a tour group size around 12 guests or less.
• Experience cooking demonstrations with Chefs.
• Behind-the-scenes access to these chic restaurant kitchen areas.
• Surprising insight and history of each establishment and their operation.
• In-Depth wine pairing education with a wine expert to get the best out of wine lists.
• Taste & receive insight into the craft cocktail world with a master mixologist.
• Sample some of Charlotte’s fastest growing culinary industries – craft beer.
• Comfortable transportation to access a fine dining hidden gem a bit too far to walk.
• Complimentary Uptown Parking.
• Discover Charlotte landmarks and their history along the way.
• When: Saturdays
• Time: 3pm – 6pm – 3 hours
• Where: Meeting location will be provided with ticket purchase
• Transportation: Your feet mostly! This is primarily a walking tour, however, two segments will have transportation provided.
• Distance covered: about 1.2 miles
• Complimentary Parking
• The amount of tastings on the tour is equivalent to a light meal.
(However, most guests leave saying “they are stuffed!”)
• What to bring: water, sunscreen, cash for any desired purchases, a camera to capture any food memories.
• Dress appropriately for the weather.
• Please bring a government-issued ID if you plan on participating in alcoholic tastings.
• Answers to additional Frequently Asked Questions.
• Advance ticket purchase required.
• If you enjoyed your time on the tour, tips are appreciated by your tour guide.
• If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know when registering.
• Must be 21 years of age to sample any alcoholic beverages.
• Tours run rain or shine. If we have to cancel the tour due to extreme weather, we will refund your money in full.
• Specific tour stops and inclusions are subject to change without notice.
• Tours start at our meeting location for a minimum of 20 minutes, so if you are running late, you will still be able to find us.
• Please read our Waiver & Release before registering.
• Cancellation Policy: If written cancellation occurs within 48 hours (2 business days) of the tour start time, the ticket price is non-refundable. Monies will be refunded in full if cancellation notice occurs more than 48 hours of a tour.
• We reserve the right to cancel tours due to insufficient enrollment and tour guide emergency or illness. We strive to find a suitable substitute in these cases to avoid any inconvenience to tour registrants.