Chef-Driven Dining in Uptown Tour
An exclusive opportunity to go in-depth with the innovative chefs shaping Charlotte’s cuisine on their food and beverage menus.
- February 2, 2019
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- this event is sold out
Uptown Charlotte has a new rank of talented chefs and culinary artisans gaining national exposure. They have represented Charlotte around the region and across the country with participation in acclaimed Food + Wine festivals and James Beard Foundation events.
Experience first-hand how these chefs use masterful techniques and a bounty of high-quality ingredients provided by local farmers and international culinary artisans to create the flavors which define Charlotte’s culinary culture. Explore the city’s burgeoning craft beer industry, learn about wine and food pairing, and discover craft mixology with cocktails that mix new and traditional flavors. This food tour includes:
- Chef’s choice food items at five upscale Charlotte restaurants*
- Tastings of local beer, wine pairing, and craft cocktail samples
- Cooking demonstrations with chefs
- Opportunities to interact with the key players at each restaurant and hear their stories about their businesses, personal journeys, and specialties
- Introduction to Charlotte landmarks and their history
- Chartered transportation for a portion of the tour
- Uptown parking validation
*Note: Due to the chef-driven theme of this tour and the seasonal nature of ingredients, all food and beverage offerings are determined exclusively by each culinary team and are subject to change. As a result, we are unable to accommodate dietary restrictions (with the exception of non-drinkers) on this tour.
- Saturdays at 3:00pm
- Approximately 3 hours
- Distance covered: about .5 miles
- Group transportation for part of tour
- Small group with 12 guests or fewer
- Parking validation included
- $80 per person
How To Prepare
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- What to bring:
- Cash for any desired purchases and/or tour guide gratuity
- Camera to capture any food memories
- Government-issued ID if you plan to participate in alcoholic beverage tastings. Any guest consuming alcohol on the tour must be 21+ years of age.
Answers to any other questions can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page, or by contacting us.
If written cancellation occurs within 5 days of the tour start time, the ticket price is non-refundable. Monies will be refunded in full if cancellation notice occurs more than 5 days before your tour.
We reserve the right to cancel tours due to insufficient enrollment, tour guide emergency, or extreme weather circumstances. We strive to find a suitable substitute in these cases to avoid any inconvenience to tour registrants.
- Advance ticket purchase required.
- Please read our Waiver & Release before registering.
- We are unable to accommodate dietary restrictions on this tour. Guests with dietary restrictions can be accommodated on our other tours with advance notice; guests who are non-drinkers can be accommodated on any of our tours. Please contact us with questions, and thank you for your understanding.
- Tours run rain or shine. If we have to cancel the tour due to extreme weather, we will refund your money in full.
- Specific tour stops and inclusions are subject to change without notice.
- Tours start at our meeting location for a minimum of 20 minutes. If you are running late, you can catch up.
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, tips are appreciated by your tour guide.