Uptown Charlotte has a new regime of highly trained and talented Chefs and master culinary artisans gaining national exposure. They have worked in 5-star establishments, and have represented Charlotte cuisine and North Carolina ingredients all over the country through participation in award-winning dinners, acclaimed Food & Wine Festivals, and features on Food Network shows. These Chefs are creating masterful cuisine using amazing techniques and the bounty of high-quality flavorful ingredients that has come from a resurgence of area farmers and local culinary artisans.
On the Chef-Driven Dining in Uptown Walking Food Tour (with luxury transportation included), we will go in-depth with Executive Chefs and their teams to learn their background and the restaurant’s history, see cooking and cocktail demonstrations, tour a kitchen, get wine pairing, craft beer, and mixology education, and sample the chef’s creative specialties.
Price: $80 per person
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the very chef-driven theme of this tour and the seasonal nature of their available ingredients, this tour’s food & beverage samples will all be Chef’s Choice. FEAST Food Tours has worked closely with each Chef & establishment to craft the overall experience, but the food & beverage will be determined by each culinary team. Most dietary restrictions are still able to be accommodated.
[toggle title=”Tour Highlights”]
• Tastings of Chef’s Choice seasonal food items at five upscale fine dining establishments utilizing local ingredients and artisanal products.
• Intimate experience with a tour group size around 12 guests or less.
• Experience cooking demonstrations with Chefs.
• Behind-the-mind of a Chef and their passionate approach to their craft.
• Surprising insight and history of each establishment and their operation.
• In-Depth wine pairing education with a wine expert to get the best out of wine lists.
• Taste & receive insight into the craft cocktail world with a master mixologist.
• Sample some of Charlotte’s fastest growing culinary industries – craft beer.
• Comfortable transportation to access a fine dining hidden gem a bit too far to walk.
• Complimentary Uptown Parking.
• Discover Charlotte landmarks and their history along the way.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Itinerary & Logistics”]
• When: Saturdays
• Time: 3pm – 6pm – 3 hours
• Where: Meeting location will be provided with ticket purchase
• Transportation: Your feet mostly! This is primarily a walking tour, however, two segments will have transportation provided.
• Distance covered: about 1.2 miles
• Complimentary Parking
• The amount of tastings on the tour is equivalent to a light meal.
(However, most guests leave saying “they are satisfied” and everyone has different appetites.)[/toggle]
[toggle title=”How to Prepare”]
• What to bring: water, sunscreen, cash for any desired purchases, a camera to capture any food memories.
• Dress appropriately for the weather.
• Please bring a government-issued ID if you plan on participating in alcoholic tastings.
• Answers to additional Frequently Asked Questions.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Policies & Procedures”]
• Advance ticket purchase required.
• If you enjoyed your time on the tour, tips are appreciated by your tour guide.
• If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know when registering.
• Must be 21 years of age to sample any alcoholic beverages.
• Tours run rain or shine. If we have to cancel the tour due to extreme weather, we will refund your money in full.
• Specific tour stops and inclusions are subject to change without notice.
• Tours begin with a 15-minute introduction, so if you are running late, you will still be able to find us.
• Please read our Waiver & Release before registering.
• Cancellation Policy: If written cancellation occurs within 72 hours (3 business days) of the tour start time, the ticket price is non-refundable. Monies will be refunded in full if cancellation notice occurs more than 72 hours of a tour.
• We reserve the right to cancel tours due to insufficient enrollment and tour guide emergency or illness. We strive to find a suitable substitute in these cases to avoid any inconvenience to tour registrants.[/toggle]
[button color=”orange” width=”large” href=”https://feastfoodtours.com/tours-events/walking-food-tours-2/urban-chic-behind-the-scenes/urban-chic-calendar/”]Tour Dates/Register[/button]