- There are 16 spaces left
Uptown Charlotte may be the business center of a modern and fast-growing city, but it is also the center of Charlotte’s culinary community that is rooted in Southern traditions and flavors.
Sample and sip your way through Uptown Charlotte’s best representations of the region and explore the influence of Southern heritage on Charlotte’s cuisine, inspired by family recipes, fresh local produce, and modern twists on traditional fare. Savor local craft beers and enjoy wine pairings and blind tastings between strolls along city streets to see examples of Charlotte’s past peeking through its modern façade. This food tour includes:
- Specialties from five locally-owned restaurants and other culinary establishments featuring local farms and artisans
- Tastings of local craft beer and wine pairings
- Opportunities to interact with the key players at each restaurant and hear their stories about their businesses, personal journeys, and specialties
- Introduction to Charlotte’s history and landmarks
- Approximately 3 hours
- Distance covered: about 1.5 miles
How To Prepare
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- What to bring:
- Cash for any desired purchases
- Camera to capture any food memories
- Government-issued ID if you plan to participate in alcoholic beverage tastings. Any guest consuming alcohol on the tour must be 21+ years of age.
We reserve the right to cancel tours due to insufficient enrollment, tour guide emergency, or extreme weather circumstances. We strive to find a suitable substitute in these cases to avoid any inconvenience to tour registrants.
- Advance ticket purchase required.
- Please read our Waiver & Release before registering.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know when registering. Due to the pre-planned nature of our tour logistics, we cannot accommodate new or updated dietary restrictions upon arrival or during the tour experience.
- Tours run rain or shine. If we have to cancel the tour due to extreme weather, we will refund your money in full.
- Specific tour stops and inclusions are subject to change without notice.
- Tours start at our meeting location for a minimum of 20 minutes. If you are running late, you can catch up.