Dishes & Delights of Dilworth Tour
Immerse yourself in Charlotte’s first streetcar neighborhood with a variety of culinary entrepreneurs continuing Dilworth’s legacy.
- January 26, 2019
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- this event is sold out
Historic Dilworth was Charlotte’s first streetcar neighborhood and the successful enterprise of an influential visionary of his time.
Stroll along tree-lined streets to learn about the history of the neighborhood and Edward Dilworth Latta’s vision for a community where Charlotteans could live, work, and play, which would become the model for the city’s continued growth. Explore the legacy of entrepreneurs who got their start in Dilworth as you savor dishes from homegrown restaurants, and discover the vibrant community of business owners that draws new restaurateurs and unique flavors to the area. This food tour includes:
- Specialties from six culinary establishments including restaurants, wine bars, casual eateries, and culinary retail
- Tastings of local beer, wine pairing, and craft cocktail samples
- Opportunities to interact with the key players at each restaurant and hear their stories about their businesses, personal journeys, and specialties
- Enlightening blind tastings and hands-on demonstrations
- Introduction to the neighborhood’s history and growth, with a walk along a historic streetcar thoroughfare
- Saturdays at 3:00pm
- Approximately 3 hours
- Distance covered: about 0.6 miles
- Small group with 12 guests or fewer
- Free parking available
- $60 per person
How To Prepare
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- What to bring:
- Cash for any desired purchases and/or tour guide gratuity
- Camera to capture any food memories
- Government-issued ID if you plan to participate in alcoholic beverage tastings. Any guest consuming alcohol on the tour must be 21+ years of age.
Answers to any other questions can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page, or by contacting us.
If written cancellation occurs within 5 days of the tour start time, the ticket price is non-refundable. Monies will be refunded in full if cancellation notice occurs more than 5 days before your tour.
We reserve the right to cancel tours due to insufficient enrollment, tour guide emergency, or extreme weather circumstances. We strive to find a suitable substitute in these cases to avoid any inconvenience to tour registrants.
- Advance ticket purchase required.
- Please read our Waiver & Release before registering.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know when registering. Due to the pre-planned nature of our tour logistics, we cannot accommodate new or updated dietary restrictions upon arrival or during the tour experience.
- Tours run rain or shine. If we have to cancel the tour due to extreme weather, we will refund your money in full.
- Specific tour stops and inclusions are subject to change without notice.
- Tours start at our meeting location for a minimum of 20 minutes. If you are running late, you can catch up.
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, tips are appreciated by your tour guide.