Old Favorites, New Flavors Plaza Midwood Tour
Enjoy fresh takes on your old favorites: from historic diners and popular dives to modern restaurants and local watering holes.
- April 27, 2019
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- this event is sold out
One of Charlotte’s historic streetcar communities, Plaza Midwood is full of hip art galleries, funky stores, and unique restaurants, which join to give the neighborhood its eclectic local flavor and authentic character amidst modern-day growth.
Get an inside look into the neighborhood’s storied past while enjoying the cuisines that make the area a popular place to live, work, and play today. The diversity of Plaza Midwood is reflected in its food, with historic diners and popular dives serving up old favorites alongside modern restaurants and local watering holes bringing new flavors into the mix. This food tour includes:
- Specialties from six locally owned culinary establishments including restaurants, diners, and bakeries
- Tastings of local beer and cocktail samples
- Opportunities to interact with the key players at each restaurant and hear their stories about their businesses, personal journeys, and specialties
- Introduction to the neighborhood’s history and recent growth
- Saturdays at 3:00pm
- Approximately 3 hours
- Distance covered: about 1 mile
- Small group with 12 guests or fewer
- Free parking available
- $60 per person
How To Prepare
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- What to bring:
- Cash for any desired purchases and/or tour guide gratuity
- Camera to capture any food memories
- Government-issued ID if you plan to participate in alcoholic beverage tastings. Any guest consuming alcohol on the tour must be 21+ years of age.
Answers to any other questions can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page, or by contacting us.
If written cancellation occurs within 5 days of the tour start time, the ticket price is non-refundable. Monies will be refunded in full if cancellation notice occurs more than 5 days before your tour.
We reserve the right to cancel tours due to insufficient enrollment, tour guide emergency, or extreme weather circumstances. We strive to find a suitable substitute in these cases to avoid any inconvenience to tour registrants.
- Advance ticket purchase required.
- Please read our Waiver & Release before registering.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know when registering. Due to the pre-planned nature of our tour logistics, we cannot accommodate new or updated dietary restrictions upon arrival or during the tour experience.
- Tours run rain or shine. If we have to cancel the tour due to extreme weather, we will refund your money in full.
- Specific tour stops and inclusions are subject to change without notice.
- Tours start at our meeting location for a minimum of 20 minutes. If you are running late, you can catch up.
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, tips are appreciated by your tour guide.