- There are 17 spaces left
Connect with a team of culinary experts in an exclusive workshop featuring Sara Guterbock, Sake Educator with Sake School of America & Japanese Beverage Specialist/Key Account Manager for New York Mutual Trading Company, Josh Villapando, owner of Assorted Table Wine Shoppe, and Rachel Klebaur, owner of Orrman’s Cheese Shop.
Sara started her Sommelier and Wine Educator certifications almost a decade ago, but in 2014 she was among the first groups of people in the USA to be qualified as an International Sake Sommelier. Then in 2018, she became one of the first 4 people in the USA to earn her Diploma in Sake from the Japan Sommelier Association.
Sake, made from rice, has many complexities and beauties that tends to go unnoticed or is misunderstood. It also has an unmatched ability to pair with food. This workshop package includes what you need for up to 2 people to participate:
- A flight of at least four different Sakes selected by Sara & Josh
- Two prepared cheese plates with samples and accompaniments curated by Rachel to pair with your Sakes
- Livestream tasting experience with Sara, Josh, and Rachel to guide you through each pairing
- Opportunities to connect with each professional during your tasting experience to hear their story and ask questions
- Access to a recording of your tasting workshop for future watching
Workshop livestreams will be hosted on Thursdays at 6:00pm, and private link details will be provided before each workshop.
Guests will need their own bottle opening & food preparation tools. Plan to chill some of the Sakes, and take your cheese plates out of the refrigerator about 20 minutes before class.
- Livestream: Thursdays at 6:00pm
- Approximately 1.5 hours
- Recording access for later viewing
- Curated Sake & cheese package
- Contactless curbside pickup
- $90 per package
How To Prepare
- Contactless curbside package pickup is available the week of your workshop on Wednesday and Thursday from 2:00-4:00pm at 7th Street Public Market.
- We will email you a private online meeting link 24-48 hours before your workshop livestream and will include additional details on setting up your livestream & privacy preferences. We will be using Zoom: watch this video if you would like to familiarize yourself with accessing virtual meetings in advance of your workshop.
- Please have your cheese plates out of the refrigerator about 20 minutes before class to allow them to warm to the proper temperature. Guests will provide their own bottle opening & food preparation tools.
- We will be live during the workshop, so we encourage interaction & questions.
- We will be recording the workshop livestream and will provide access to the video to all registered participants. If you are unable to join the workshop livestream (or just want to relive the fun), you can review the video and enjoy your tasting on-demand. Once the workshop has concluded, the chat functionality will be closed.
Answers to any other questions can be found by contacting us.
- Please read our Waiver & Release before registering.
- Advance package purchase and pickup required. Complete details on the pickup location will be provided with registration.
- If you require alternate package pickup dates/times, please call FEAST at 980-258-9992 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any options that may be available to you.
- We can not accommodate any dietary restrictions or preferences for this virtual workshop. All food & beverage for this workshop is curated by your instructors to create a unique experience.
- Workshop inclusions are subject to change without notice.
- We are not able to offer refunds on any workshop cancellations.
- We reserve the right to cancel workshops due to insufficient enrollment, staff/instructor emergencies, or other challenges that will prohibit the experience from taking place as outlined. In those instances, we will refund your money in full.