Unwind & Dine in Historic South End Tour – CXL Covid-19
A unique happy hour-inspired experience that will have you wining and dining through urban markets, local pubs, and fine dining gems.
- March 13, 2020
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- There are bucketloads of spaces left
Historic South End is the fastest growing area of Charlotte, with opportunities to live, work, and play all less two miles from Uptown’s business center.
Kick-off the weekend in style with a relaxing happy hour- or three hours! Explore the diversity of establishments that have turned this once industrial neighborhood into a vibrant community of new businesses in and among historic warehouses and train lines. South End has something for everyone to enjoy with local craft beers, wine bars, and fine dining, all contained within an urban residential neighborhood. This food tour includes:
- Specialties from six culinary establishments including restaurants, wine bars, local pubs & eateries, and culinary retail
- Tastings of local beer, wine pairing, and craft cocktail samples*
- Opportunities to interact with the key players at each restaurant and hear their stories about their businesses, personal journeys, and specialties
- Introduction to the neighborhood’s history and growth along Charlotte’s Light Rail Trail
*Note: This tour includes tastings of alcoholic beverages paired with food items at each stop. Non-alcoholic options are available at all stops.
- Fridays at 4:00pm
- Approximately 3 hours
- Distance covered: about 1.1 miles
- Small group with 12 guests or fewer
- Free parking available
- $65 per person
How To Prepare
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- What to bring:
- Cash for any desired purchases and/or tour guide gratuity
- Camera to capture any food memories
- Government-issued ID if you plan to participate in alcoholic beverage tastings. Any guest consuming alcohol on the tour must be 21+ years of age.
Answers to any other questions can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page, or by contacting us.
If written cancellation occurs within 5 days of the tour start time, the ticket price is non-refundable. Monies will be refunded in full if cancellation notice occurs more than 5 days before your tour.
We reserve the right to cancel tours due to insufficient enrollment, tour guide emergency, or extreme weather circumstances. We strive to find a suitable substitute in these cases to avoid any inconvenience to tour registrants.
- Advance ticket purchase required.
- Please read our Waiver & Release before registering.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know when registering. Due to the pre-planned nature of our tour logistics, we cannot accommodate new or updated dietary restrictions upon arrival or during the tour experience.
- Tours run rain or shine. If we have to cancel the tour due to extreme weather, we will refund your money in full.
- Specific tour stops and inclusions are subject to change without notice.
- Tours start at our meeting location for a minimum of 20 minutes. If you are running late, you can catch up.
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, tips are appreciated by your tour guide.