Meet the Cheesemaker Tasting Notes
May 29, 2020
Orrman's Cheese Shop is available for virtual tours Monday through Saturday from 12:00-3:40pm. Book your appointment on their website. Curbside pick-up is available or free delivery for orders over $75 within several Charlotte zip codes.
- Rocket’s Robiola - cow milk, $ 14/half lb | Paired with Cloister Salted Honey
- Cottenbell with Tarragon and Pink Peppercorns - cow milk, $15/half lb | Paired with Copper Pot & Wooden Spoon Roasted Red Pepper & Peach Jam
- Lissome - cow milk $ 15.50/half lb | Paired with Pickled Cauliflower
- Campo - cow milk $ 15.50/half lb
- Redbud - goat & cow milk, $15/half lb | Paired with Quicos
Boxcarr Handmade Cheese is a family-established business with dreams of working with each other and with their slice of Southern red clay to create something wonderful, meaningful, and delicious. Since the rise of COVID-19, Boxcarr has seen a 70% sales decrease. Due to this decrease, their farm and the small dairies they purchase cow milk from could end up dumping their milk. They are choosing to continue to hand-make this valuable milk into delicious cheese and donate it to local organizations set up to feed those in need. These donations add up to almost 1000 lbs of cheese a week!
Support Boxcarr by buying their cheese from Orrman's Cheese Shop, liking them on Facebook, and following them on Instagram.
Gather around the table to explore new culinary experiences and unique flavors from the comfort of your home! Our workshop livestreams bring the expertise and passion of Charlotte's local chefs, farmers, and food producers to you.
We are looking forward to adding more Meet the Cheesemaker Workshops soon to complement our other offerings. There's something for everyone: seafood lovers, wine connoisseurs, family-friendly, date nights, and more.
Keep an eye out for more dates & experiences coming soon!