Sake & Cheese Tasting Notes
September 17, 2020
Thanks again to Sara Guterbock, CBS, ISS, ASP, JSA Sake Diploma, CS, CWE, DipWSET for joining us this evening! We hope you were enlightened and excited to continue an exploration of the world of Sake.
Orrman's Cheese Shop is available for virtual tours: book your appointment on their website. Curbside pick-up is available Tuesday-Sunday from 11:00am-5:00pm. Orrman's kitchen is now open: Take-Out Tuesday-Sunday or Dine-In Thursday-Sunday 11am-5pm. You can also place an order from a limited selection in their online store.
- El Abeulo Ruperto - raw sheep milk, Quests Ruperto, San Javier, Murcia, Spain $15/half lb
- Spring Fever - cow milk, Prodigal Farm, Rougemont, NC $17/half lb
- Fromage d'Affinois - cow milk, Fromagerie Guilloteau, Pélussin, France $10/half lb
- Asher Blue - raw cow milk, Sweet Grass Dairy, Thomasville, GA $12.50/half lb
- Prairie Breeze Cheddar - cow milk, Milton Creamery, Milton, IA $8.50/half lb
As Rachel mentioned, they have several specials & events happening! Orrman's Cheese Shop is celebrating 8 years on September 21st! Celebrate all week with them and receive a free 1/4 lb wedge of cheese with any cheese purchase (while supplies last). Additionally, pre-orders are open for Rush Creek Reserve - an exceptional seasonal cheese. Receive 15% off with pre-orders before September 22nd (must be paid for in advance to receive discount.)
Assorted Table offers curbside pick-up from 11:00am–5:00pm Monday-Sunday. Additionally, they offer $10 delivery inside the I-277 Loop or $10 plus $1/mile outside of Uptown. Call 704-277-3234 or visit their website to place an order.
Wines from your workshop are 10% off for our participants:
- Kubota Senju Ginjo | 1000 Dreams - $12.99
- Amabuki Junmai Yamahai | Manhattan Marigold - $6.99
- Dassai Junmai Daiginjo | 50 - $14.99
- Kikusui Funaguchi Honjozo Nama Genshu | Gold Can - $6.99
Gather around the table to explore new culinary experiences and unique flavors from the comfort of your home! Our workshop livestreams bring the expertise and passion of Charlotte's local chefs, farmers, and food producers to you.