Wine & Cheese Tasting Notes
September 9, 2020
Thanks again to Chrissie Nelson Rotko for joining us this evening! We hope you were inspired to try some of her simple entertaining techniques and recipes via her recent cookbook release Stunning Spreads: Easy Entertaining with Cheese, Charcuterie, Fondue and Other Shared Fare. More information can be found on her blog: Off the Eaten Path.
Orrman's Cheese Shop is available for virtual tours: book your appointment on their website. Curbside pick-up is available Tuesday-Sunday from 11:00am-5:00pm. Orrman's kitchen is now open: Take-Out Tuesday-Sunday or Dine-In Thursday-Sunday 11am-5pm. You can also place an order from a limited selection in their online store.
- Sandy Creek - goat milk, Goat Lady Dairy, Asheboro, NC $11 each
- Alp Blossom - raw cow milk, Hofkäserei Kraus, Bavaria, Germany $17/half lb
- Red Rock - cow milk, Roelli Cheese Haus, Shullsburg, WI $12.50/half lb
- paired with Finocchiona Salami
Assorted Table offers curbside pick-up from 11:00am–5:00pm Monday-Sunday. Additionally, they offer $10 delivery inside the I-277 Loop or $10 plus $1/mile outside of Uptown. Call 704-277-3234 or visit their website to place an order.
Wines from your workshop are 10% off for our participants:
- 2016 Scott Carneros Chardonnay - $23.99* 750 mL
- *Sale! $17.99 750mL
- NV Hillinger Brut Rosé - $17.99 750 mL
- 2018 Padrillos Pinot Noir - $17.99 750 mL
Gather around the table to explore new culinary experiences and unique flavors from the comfort of your home! Our workshop livestreams bring the expertise and passion of Charlotte's local chefs, farmers, and food producers to you.
We currently have Wine & Cheese Tasting Workshops scheduled for every Wednesday through the end of October, along with a wide variety of other offerings - including next week's Sake & Cheese Pairings with Josh & Rachel.