We are now offering in-person workshops & interactive livestreams to allow you to connect with Charlotte's culinary community either from the comfort of home virtually or in-person with social distancing! Our interactive livestreams are easy: pick an experience, carry out a curated package, and join us virtually with the chefs & owners to savor a flavorful experience!
Our current food tour schedule is on hold based on current reopening guidelines and Tour Partners' lack of availability. We will continue to prioritize our guests' and guides' health and safety to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Old Favorites, New Flavors Plaza Midwood Tour
- Saturdays at 3:00pm
- Approximately 3 hours
- Distance covered: about 0.8 miles
- Small group with 12 guests or fewer
- Free parking available
- $65 per person
One of Charlotte’s historic streetcar communities, Plaza Midwood is full of hip art galleries, funky stores, and unique restaurants, which join to give the neighborhood its eclectic local flavor and authentic character amidst modern-day growth.
Get an inside look into the neighborhood’s storied past while enjoying the cuisines that make the area a popular place to live, work, and play today. The diversity of Plaza Midwood is reflected in its food, with historic diners and popular dives serving up old favorites alongside modern restaurants and local watering holes bringing new flavors into the mix. This food tour includes:
- Specialties from six locally-owned culinary establishments including restaurants, diners, and breweries
- Tastings of local beer, cider, and cocktail samples
- Enlightening beer & food pairing experience
- Opportunities to interact with the key players at each restaurant and hear their stories about their businesses, personal journeys, and specialties
- Introduction to the neighborhood’s history and recent growth
Book Your Experience
Book Your Experience
If the event you're interested in is sold out, please contact us to be placed on a waitlist & check back as we're always adding more dates!